Application Deadline: Sunday, March 23, 2014
Event: Eight’s “Check, Please! Arizona” Festival
Length of Show: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 11 am – 3 pm
Location: CityScape, 1 E Washington St, Phoenix, AZ
Artlink Inc. will present the tantalizing work from local artists in a group exhibition at the second annual “Eight’s Check, Please! Arizona Festival” at Cityscape in downtown Phoenix.
CityScape will be transformed into an exploration of Arizona’s independent restaurant scene, from five-star dining establishments to tucked away cafes.
The theme of the “Feast Your Eyes” exhibition is the five senses (sight, hearing, touch, smell, and most importantly, taste!) that all go into making a spectacular meal.
The display space for the event will be outdoors and open to the public, Artlink board members and volunteers will set up the booth, handle sales, and will monitor the booth during the festival.
Artwork submission guidelines: Artlink will accept 2D work that can be hung on the wall, does not exceed 20lbs. and is no more than 36″w, 48″h, 5″depth. All accepted work must have wire hardware for hanging. In order for artwork to be considered for display all of the above guidelines must be met and artwork must be ready to hang.
APPLICATION to include:
- Email submission to firstname.lastname@example.org of ﬁles in .jpg format, limited to three, with each image labeled with the artist’s name and title of art. We recommend submitted images to have a resolution of 72 dpi.
- Text ﬁle that lists:
a. Your contact info
b. Artist name as you would like it to appear on labels
c. Titles of individual submissions
d. Dimensions (HxWxD)
f. Sale price or NFS
Please do not send actual works until notiﬁed. Artlink reserves the right to reject any work not suitable for display. Please do not call for results. Artists will be notiﬁed by email.
Drop-off Directions: If selected, there are two drop off options for Artists:
- Artists should be available to drop off their work to Sarah (VP of Artlink Board of Directors) on Saturday, March 29th from 9am to 11am at 3508 N 7th Street #120, Phoenix, AZ 85014 (The Studio). Artwork will be transported by Artlink to Cityscape on Sunday, March 30th.
- Artists can drop off their work to Cityscape (1 E Washington St) on Sunday, March 30 from 8am to 9:30am. Artists will be able to pull onto Central Ave off Washington to unload and then park in any of the Cityscape garages.
Further instructions to follow about drop-off and pick-up for those selected.
Artlink Inc. is not liable for any damage or theft that may occur to any person or property. Artists will be asked to sign a waiver and may insure their own artwork, as desired. Artlink Inc. will facilitate and retain 10% of each sale to cover transaction cost. Please email any questions to email@example.com.
For more information about Check, Please! Arizona Festival, please visit: www.azpbs.org/checkplease/festival/.
Artlink and Oasis on Grand are proud to present its first “Art Hanging on Grand” Public Art Show during this year’s Grand Avenue Festival at Oasis on Grand on Saturday, October 19, 2013.
Artists of all skill levels and ages are encouraged to submit hangable works of art for public display and sale during this annual event expected to draw thousands. The “Art Hanging on Grand” affords participants who are currently showing somewhere else, not presently showing or who have never displayed their art publicly, an opportunity to share it.
Art works must be hangable, self-contained, 25lb. max, no size maximum, and will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Hanging mobiles and sculptures are also accepted. 100% of all art sales proceeds (less PayPal service fees) will go directly to the artist.
The fee to participate is $25 and will support “Art Hanging on Grand” and other Artlink projects.
The NEW deadline for sign-ups is Wednesday, October 16, and artwork is to be dropped off by 6 p.m. that same day (drop-off details below).
The “Art Hanging on Grand” is a new program of the annual Grand Avenue Festival, a free celebration of the vibrant culture, art, history and adaptive re-use of the Lower Grand Avenue Arts and Small Business District. Small businesses and art spaces along this unique and historic travel corridor will host tours of vintage commercial buildings and interesting adaptive re-use projects; create art exhibits; sponsor performances and music; and provide other special activities that highlight the history of this distinctive area of downtown.
The Grand Avenue Festival takes place on Saturday, October 19, from 10:00am – 8:00pm with After Hours from 8:00pm – 10:00pm. On Third Friday, October 18, there will be a “Art Hanging on Grand” artist’s reception from 6pm-9pm. Artists are encouraged to invite family, friends and collectors to the opening and throughout the Grand Avenue Festival event. Free Grand Avenue Festival Pedi-cabs will also stop at the Oasis on Grand, in front of “Art Hanging on Grand” making this a prime location for the event.
Art Drop Off Info:
Wednesday, October 16, by 6 p.m.
Oasis on Grand (Roosevelt & Grand Avenue)
1501 NW Grand Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85007
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your payment.
Artlink Phoenix is excited to present the Fourteenth Annual Juried Exhibition. Artlink Phoenix is now accepting submissions for its juried exhibition featuring the works of professional artists residing in the state of Arizona.
This year we are fortunate to have our distinguished jurors: SMoCA Director Tim Rodgers; Artist, as well as, Professor and Faculty Director Adriene Jenek from ASU Herberger Institute; and local Phoenix Artist Cory Weeks.
The show will take place at the Artlink AE England Gallery throughout the month of February, 2011. The opening reception will be held on First Friday February 3, 2012 6-10 PM.
We are accepting artworks to include: oil, water color, acrylic, graphite, charcoal, pastels, photography, ceramics, print making, textile, mixed media, new genre, performance, video, and sculpture/three dimensional pieces.
The submission deadline is now extended to January 13, 2012. Notification of Acceptance will be sent out on January 22, 2012. Artworks of accepted applicants must be at the space no later than January 29, 2012.
Participants that exhibited in the past are permitted to submit, however, we ask you refrain from submitting the same piece that was in a previous Artlink Juried Exhibit. Submission requirements and information:
- Submissions should be e-mailed to: email@example.com with “Attention: Juried Submission.”
- Up to 3 artworks in .jpg format.
- Image List: Written description of artwork to include title, media, and dimensions next to small image of the artworks in either MS Word or PDF format.
- Artist statement and resume in either MS Word or PDF format.
- A non-refundable $25 application fee, paid by check made out to Artlink Phoenix and sent to the address below with “Attention: Juried Submission” and Artist name in subject. Friends of Artlink and volunteers are exempt from the application fee.
Artlink Phoenix address: P.O. Box 3426 Phoenix, AZ 85030
Click here for information on classes, costs, and registration.
The Artlink Gallery at Heritage Square is excited to host adult workshops in numerous mediums! With quality teachings at affordable prices you can further your artistic skills and techniques; or for beginners who would like to explore their artistic side to start developing them. The gallery, which functions as an exhibition space for artists on First and Third Fridays, is part of the non-profit organization Artlink, one of the oldest, volunteer-run, non-profit arts organizations in downtown Phoenix.
Workshops and 8 week classes will run from January 14 -March 11, 2012. This extensive visual arts program will include mixed media, painting, drawing, fiber, photography, ceramics, air brush, water-color, video, writing, book and paper art, performance, bead work, fibers, and sculpture.
Our art instructors are professionals in their fields with tremendous talent, skills, and abilities excited to pass on to their students.
The classes will be held at the Artlink Gallery, housed in the Carriage House at Historic Heritage Square. The 1899 structure is located at 115 N. 6th St., Phoenix AZ 85004. The Artlink Gallery is 300 sq ft and has lots of natural light flooding in from two large glass doors. Classes will take place indoors, as well as, outdoor in the beautiful view of the park and its historical structures. Also, there are opportunities to walk downtown for more inspiration. Restaurants, such as Rose & Crown, Nobuo, and Pizzeria Bianco are next door.
Education Coordinator position available at ArtLink Phoenix for classes to be held at the Artlink Gallery at Heritage Square and other approved locations.
ArtLink Phoenix, in its effort to support artists and arts education within the community, will begin to hold adult classes in January. In order to achieve this goal, ArtLink will hire working artists to provide art education opportunities for adult classes. This position will develop and coordinate all of the education programs for this 501(c)3 not for profit organization.
The Education Coordinator should be innovative in their approach to curriculum development and classroom management, possess a progressive educational philosophy, easily communicate with a multitude of personalities, and have a general understanding of the visual arts field.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop classes, source instructors, and verify teaching credentials for an extensive visual arts program including painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, fibers, book and paper arts, writing, performance, photography, mixed media, video and possibly ceramics.
- Charged with creating an effective marketing campaign drawing students to the program.
- Scheduling classes, facilitating classroom availability, entering into contracts with instructors, fiscal management and program evaluation.
- Will act as Registrar for all classes. Strong ability to effectively interact with the public.
- The ability to create strong collaborative ties within the Phoenix arts community.
- Bachelors degree (in related field preferred) or appropriate experience
- 2+ years supervisory or managerial experience
- Ability to collaborate and work with a team
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Web and social media skills required.
- Ability to think outside of the box is essential.
- Ability to meet deadlines, be self –directed and take the initiative
- Sense of Humor
Artlink, Phoenix. is one of the oldest, all volunteer run, 501-C-3 arts organizations in downtown Phoenix. Our mission is to maintain and enhance our current regular events, including the monthly First Fridays art walk, the annual Art Detour self-guided tour that features several open studios and Mystery Galleries in addition to the galleries and businesses that participate in the monthly event, a Juried Exhibition and an art-related fundraiser. Our monthly newsletter can be subscribed to online and keeps readers up-to-date on our efforts, community activities, and opportunities and information for and about artists.
In 2012 we will expand our mission to include arts education for the Phoenix community. This position is essential to this program’s success.
Since 1989, we have organized Phoenix’s biggest annual art walk, Art Detour, a two-day, self-guided tour of galleries, studios and businesses in various neighborhoods in and around downtown Phoenix, giving Valley residents and visitors an opportunity to see an array of local, national, and international talent. In 1994, we began the monthly First Fridays art walk, which has grown to become the largest monthly art walk in the United States. With 100 arts venues open free to the public each month, Artlink’s First Fridays has succeeded in bringing people back to downtown Phoenix. The event sees anywhere from 14-20,000 visitors monthly and grows exponentially each year.
This will be the first paid position within the organization and is commission based. The qualified candidate chosen for this position will report to the President of Artlink, Inc,
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and would like to be part of the growth of Artlink, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until a qualified candidate is found.
The Artlink Galleries – Artlink A.E. England Gallery and Artlink Gallery at Heritage Square – seek volunteer curators. Duties of the curator include:
- Working with exhibiting artists
- Marketing and public relations
- Photographing exhibitions
- Available First and Third Fridays for exhibition receptions
Artists and/or students as well as those who work within art related fields encouraged to apply. Interested parties should send resume and cover letter via email. This is a great way to build up experience on your resume, meet emerging and established artists, and contribute to the downtown Phoenix arts community.
- Artlink A.E. England Gallery, 424 N. Central Ave., Phoenix AZ 85004 ~ www.aeenglandgallery.com
- Artlink Gallery at Heritage Square, 115 N. 6th St., Phoenix AZ 85004 ~ www.artlinkhsgallery.com