Education Coordinator position available at ArtLink Phoenix for classes to be held at the Artlink Gallery at Heritage Square and other approved locations.
ArtLink Phoenix, in its effort to support artists and arts education within the community, will begin to hold adult classes in January. In order to achieve this goal, ArtLink will hire working artists to provide art education opportunities for adult classes. This position will develop and coordinate all of the education programs for this 501(c)3 not for profit organization.
The Education Coordinator should be innovative in their approach to curriculum development and classroom management, possess a progressive educational philosophy, easily communicate with a multitude of personalities, and have a general understanding of the visual arts field.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop classes, source instructors, and verify teaching credentials for an extensive visual arts program including painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, fibers, book and paper arts, writing, performance, photography, mixed media, video and possibly ceramics.
- Charged with creating an effective marketing campaign drawing students to the program.
- Scheduling classes, facilitating classroom availability, entering into contracts with instructors, fiscal management and program evaluation.
- Will act as Registrar for all classes. Strong ability to effectively interact with the public.
- The ability to create strong collaborative ties within the Phoenix arts community.
- Bachelors degree (in related field preferred) or appropriate experience
- 2+ years supervisory or managerial experience
- Ability to collaborate and work with a team
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Web and social media skills required.
- Ability to think outside of the box is essential.
- Ability to meet deadlines, be self –directed and take the initiative
- Sense of Humor
Artlink, Phoenix. is one of the oldest, all volunteer run, 501-C-3 arts organizations in downtown Phoenix. Our mission is to maintain and enhance our current regular events, including the monthly First Fridays art walk, the annual Art Detour self-guided tour that features several open studios and Mystery Galleries in addition to the galleries and businesses that participate in the monthly event, a Juried Exhibition and an art-related fundraiser. Our monthly newsletter can be subscribed to online and keeps readers up-to-date on our efforts, community activities, and opportunities and information for and about artists.
In 2012 we will expand our mission to include arts education for the Phoenix community. This position is essential to this program’s success.
Since 1989, we have organized Phoenix’s biggest annual art walk, Art Detour, a two-day, self-guided tour of galleries, studios and businesses in various neighborhoods in and around downtown Phoenix, giving Valley residents and visitors an opportunity to see an array of local, national, and international talent. In 1994, we began the monthly First Fridays art walk, which has grown to become the largest monthly art walk in the United States. With 100 arts venues open free to the public each month, Artlink’s First Fridays has succeeded in bringing people back to downtown Phoenix. The event sees anywhere from 14-20,000 visitors monthly and grows exponentially each year.
This will be the first paid position within the organization and is commission based. The qualified candidate chosen for this position will report to the President of Artlink, Inc,
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and would like to be part of the growth of Artlink, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until a qualified candidate is found.