The Artlink Collectors Tour program brings established and emerging collectors into downtown Phoenix galleries and nurtures opportunities for artists and galleries to connect with new buyers. The tours promote the range and quality of work being created and shown in downtown, and help define Phoenix as a vibrant arts market.
DATES FOR FALL ARTLINK COLLECTORS TOURS:
- Saturday, September 21, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 16, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
PHOENIX ART MUSEUM GUEST CURATORS:
The galleries featured on the tours will be selected by guest curators from Phoenix Art Museum, Sara Cochran, Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art at the Phoenix Art Museum (pictured right), and Gabriela Munoz, Curatorial Assistant, Modern and Contemporary Art.
Ms. Munoz will guide the tour on September 21, and Ms. Cochran will guide the tour November 16.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Submit electronically to: email@example.com. If you have any questions, please call Artlink Board Member Robert Diehl, 602-503-2716.
1) Fees. There is no fee to submit your September and November exhibit for consideration.
2) Qualifications. You must be a paid-up gallery participant in Art Detour 25 (an Articipant) to qualify. (Didn’t participate in Detour? Contact Artlink at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can become an Articipant.)
3) Submission requirements:
- Name, address, website of the gallery
- Name, email and phone number of the person curating the exhibit
- Name and dates of the exhibit
- Name[s] and CVs of exhibit artist[s]
- Curator narrative on purpose of exhibit
- Digital imagery from the exhibit, or from the artists’ corpus
- Gallery owner, curator[s] and exhibit artist[s] will be responsive and available to the guide for answering questions, interviews, gallery and studio visits etc. during the selection process.
4) Requirements for selected galleries:
- Assist Artlink in promoting the tour
- Gallery owner and curator[s] will be at the gallery during the tour
- At least one of the exhibiting artists will be at the gallery during the tour
- Provide liquid refreshments for tour members
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: JUNE 29, 2013.
(this deadline is for both the September AND the November tours)
Thank you for your support of the Artlink Collectors Tour program. If you have any additional questions, please contact Artlink Board Member Robert Diehl at 602-503-2716 or email email@example.com..
About the Collectors Tours:
The Artlink Collectors Tours are bi-monthly, ticketed, guided tours. They will be scheduled on Saturday afternoons (1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.) following Third Fridays, and they will be considered private showings, with the gallerist, the curator and the artist(s) present to talk about the work. Artlink will work with each guide and selected gallery to determine the timing of each stop on the tour (approximately 30 to 40 minutes per stop).
Each tour will feature a different Guest Guide chosen from among local art authorities, such as Valley museum directors, curators, senior docents or members, Arizona art critics, art faculty, and private or corporate art collectors.
Guides will select three or fewer exhibits for each tour based entirely on their own independent judgment with one exception: no gallery will be selected for consecutive tours.