The 16th Annual Juried Exhibition
September 4-23, 2014
Submission Deadline is Extended! The new deadline is midnight August 20, 2014.
Artlink is excited to present The 16th Annual Juried Exhibition. Artlink is now accepting submissions for its juried exhibition featuring the works of professional artists residing in the state of Arizona. Submitted artwork will be reviewed by a panel of prominent members of the Phoenix community.
The show will take place at The Icehouse throughout the month of September 2014. The Opening Reception will be held on the Thursday, September 4 from 6-10 p.m. The exhibition will be on display for First Friday, September 5, through Third Friday, September 19. A cash prize will be awarded to the top three artists.
We are accepting many types of artworks including: oil, watercolor, acrylic, graphite, charcoal, pastels, photography, ceramics, print making, textile, mixed media, new genre, performance, video, and sculpture/three dimensional pieces.
The submission deadline is midnight August 20, 2014.
Participants that exhibited in the past are permitted to submit; however, we ask that you refrain from submitting the same piece that was in a previous Artlink Juried Exhibition.
All submissions should be e-mailed to email@example.com with “ATTN: Juried Submission” in the subject line.
The Icehouse and Artlink Inc. are not liable for any damage or theft that may occur to any person or property. Artists will be asked to sign a waiver and may insure their own artwork, as desired.
You must be available on August 30, 31, or September 1 to drop off your work with Artlink board members at The Icehouse at 429 W Jackson Street, Phoenix, AZ.
All sales will be handled by Artlink. In the event of sale Artlink will retain a 10% commission.
All images should be jpgs or tiffs and documents MS Word or PDF
- Up to 3 artwork images in .jpg format with a maximum 72 dpi per image
- Image List: Name of artist, written description of artwork to include title, media, sale price, and dimensions next to thumbnail images of the artworks in either MS Word or PDF format
- Contact Information: Phone number or email to best reach you
- Artist Statement: Should not exceed one (1) page
- Resume: Should not exceed three (3) pages. Name of artist and page number on top left corner of each page.
- $25 application fee: Paid through Paypal or by check made out to Artlink Phoenix and sent to the address below with ATT: Juried Submission and the artist name included. Post marked checks after deadline will not be accepted and submission will not be reviewed. Artlink Articipants and volunteers are exempt from the application fee.
Application fees are non-refundable, regardless of acceptance to The Juried Exhibition. Every submission is appreciated and will be seriously considered by a jury of experienced arts professionals. Not all artwork will be accepted. Please do not call for results. Artists will be notified by email.
Artlink Phoenix Address: P.O. Box 3426 Phoenix, AZ 85030
Email with any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Artlink Collectors Tour program brings established and emerging collectors into downtown Phoenix galleries and nurtures opportunities for artists and galleries to connect with new buyers. The tours promote the range and quality of work being created and shown in downtown, and help define Phoenix as a vibrant arts market.
DATES FOR FALL ARTLINK COLLECTORS TOURS:
- Saturday, September 21, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 16, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
PHOENIX ART MUSEUM GUEST CURATORS:
The galleries featured on the tours will be selected by guest curators from Phoenix Art Museum, Sara Cochran, Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art at the Phoenix Art Museum (pictured right), and Gabriela Munoz, Curatorial Assistant, Modern and Contemporary Art.
Ms. Munoz will guide the tour on September 21, and Ms. Cochran will guide the tour November 16.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Submit electronically to: email@example.com. If you have any questions, please call Artlink Board Member Robert Diehl, 602-503-2716.
1) Fees. There is no fee to submit your September and November exhibit for consideration.
2) Qualifications. You must be a paid-up gallery participant in Art Detour 25 (an Articipant) to qualify. (Didn’t participate in Detour? Contact Artlink at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can become an Articipant.)
3) Submission requirements:
- Name, address, website of the gallery
- Name, email and phone number of the person curating the exhibit
- Name and dates of the exhibit
- Name[s] and CVs of exhibit artist[s]
- Curator narrative on purpose of exhibit
- Digital imagery from the exhibit, or from the artists’ corpus
- Gallery owner, curator[s] and exhibit artist[s] will be responsive and available to the guide for answering questions, interviews, gallery and studio visits etc. during the selection process.
4) Requirements for selected galleries:
- Assist Artlink in promoting the tour
- Gallery owner and curator[s] will be at the gallery during the tour
- At least one of the exhibiting artists will be at the gallery during the tour
- Provide liquid refreshments for tour members
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: JUNE 29, 2013.
(this deadline is for both the September AND the November tours)
Thank you for your support of the Artlink Collectors Tour program. If you have any additional questions, please contact Artlink Board Member Robert Diehl at 602-503-2716 or email email@example.com..
About the Collectors Tours:
The Artlink Collectors Tours are bi-monthly, ticketed, guided tours. They will be scheduled on Saturday afternoons (1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.) following Third Fridays, and they will be considered private showings, with the gallerist, the curator and the artist(s) present to talk about the work. Artlink will work with each guide and selected gallery to determine the timing of each stop on the tour (approximately 30 to 40 minutes per stop).
Each tour will feature a different Guest Guide chosen from among local art authorities, such as Valley museum directors, curators, senior docents or members, Arizona art critics, art faculty, and private or corporate art collectors.
Guides will select three or fewer exhibits for each tour based entirely on their own independent judgment with one exception: no gallery will be selected for consecutive tours.